Responsibilities - School Board
The School Board, as the elected governing body of the Mounds View School District,
is responsible to:
- Interpret the needs of the community regarding the educational program.
- Establish policy. The administration implements policy and supervises school operations.
- Employ and evaluate the superintendent. Your School Board is responsible for hiring, then evaluating, the chief administrator who oversees all operations of the School District.
- Approve appointment of staff members as well as resignations, terminations, and leaves of absence.
- Establish and approve the annual budget.
- Authorize development and revision of curriculum and student services.
- Work with the administration to determine the District's educational goals.
- Set the annual local school levy.
- Approve expenditures and otherwise ensure that proper facilities and equipment are available to support teaching and learning in Mounds View Public Schools.
The School Board has final control over local school matters limited only by the state legislature, the courts, federal law, and the will of the people as expressed in School District elections.
2011 School Board Strategic Roadmap and Goals