The Ralph Reeder Food Shelf and Community Resource Center is a Community Education Program of the Mounds View Public School District that was established in 1982. We provide food, basic needs and connections to other services to any school district family as well as all low income, food insecure individuals and families living within the Mounds View Public School District attendance area or Ramsey County St. Anthony. Our service area includes the cities of New Brighton, Mounds View, Shoreview, Arden Hills, North Oaks, Roseville and Ramsey County St. Anthony. To meet the growing demand for services, we rely on the generosity of volunteers and on regular donations of dollars and food from area schools, churches, businesses, clubs and individuals. All donations are tax deductible.
- Our mission: to provide emergency and supplemental food assistance to individuals and families who are food insecure and to connect them to other helpful resources in a manner that preserves their dignity, while they work towards stabilization.
- Our vision: to uphold the dignity of our neighbors while working in partnership with schools, congregations, organizations, businesses and individuals to end hunger in our communities.
- Our belief: that Ralph Reeder Food Shelf’s presence in our communities makes our neighborhoods and schools healthier and more stable
- Food Shelf
- Farmer's Markets
- Senior CARE Boxes
- Good Neighbor Back to School Project (school supplies)
- Thanksgiving Bags and Holiday Foods
- Short Term Case Management
- Clothing and Household Items Vouchers
- County Application Assistance (Food stamps and medical) by appointment
Hunger Hero Agency Partner of the Year
Out of over 1000 agencies, Second Harvest Heartland named the Ralph Reeder Food Shelf the 2018 Agency Partner of the Year based on our unique school-linked model and our ability to meet the rising needs in our community while increasing access to healthy foods for our neighbors in need.
We are a Guidestar Non-profit organization (Federal ID 41-6008084), a program within Independent School District 621. All donations are tax deductible.