The Minnesota Department of Health encourages the following groups to get tested regularly. With the at-home program and community sites offering free testing across the metro, it's easy to find a test.
- Unvaccinated teachers, staff and students in K-12 should test weekly at a minimum or more frequently per CDC guidance.
- People who are unvaccinated should test before travel (domestic or international).
- Even if you are vaccinated, you should get tested
- if you have symptoms of the virus;
- if you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19;
- if you are returning from international travel;
- or if you have attended a large gathering or event where people are not wearing masks and are not able to stay 6 feet apart.
Our community continues to have many free COVID-19 testing options available: