Role of DEC
- Promote a mutual understanding and connection between the District and the community.
- Promote equity, inclusion and achievement in our schools for each student.
- Participate in creating District practices, programs and policies in equity education and hiring to ensure systems to progress toward the achievement of our Equity Promise.
- Actively create, coordinate and grow partnerships that engage each student and each family in boosting academic achievement.
- Participate in data analysis related to student achievement, attendance and discipline. Data shall be based upon race, gender, special education status and eligibility for free and reduced-price meals.
- Receive presentations related to various topics impacting student equity and inclusion in Mounds View Public Schools.
- Offer multiple perspectives and community voice on matters of student equity and inclusion and bias within Mounds View Public Schools systems and practices.
- Participate in community outreach opportunities designed to collect information and address the needs of underrepresented or underserved families in Mounds View Public Schools.
- Conduct reviews of programs and initiatives designed to enhance student equity and inclusion in Mounds View Public Schools.
- Partner with the District to engage community voice.
- Partner in developing community initiatives to increase student success.
Equity is everyone's work. To learn how you can support the District Equity Council's efforts, contact Jason Knighton-Johnson.