The Ralph Reeder Food Shelf is a Community Education Program of the Mounds View Public School District. Our services are primarily available to low income families and individuals living in our school district or Ramsey County St. Anthony who may find themselves in need of food. In 2018, there were over nearly 26,000 visits by individuals to our food shelf and we distributed 665,993 pounds of food and personal care items, including fresh milk, frozen meats, produce, non-perishable food items, hygiene, cleaning and baby supplies. 900 families receive services each month.
With community support, we strive to provide each person with 5 to 7 days worth of nutritionally balanced food (including meats and milk), personal hygiene items, and cleaning supplies, along with additional resources, and referrals to other low income programs and services. A typical family of four will shop for approximately 150 pounds of food.
- Food Shelf
- Free Farmer's Markets
- Mobile Markets
- Schooltrition - snackpack, smartsnacks, pop-up school markets
- Short Term Case Management - connecting people to other resources
- Good Neighbor Back to School Project - August (school supplies)
- Thanksgiving Bags
- Operation Joy - December (holiday toy and gift program)
- On-Site County Application Help (food stamps, medical, energy assistance)
- Clothing referrals
- Workshops and Nutrition Demonstrations
To meet the growing demand for services, we rely on the generosity of volunteers and on regular donations of dollars and food from area schools, churches, businesses, clubs and individuals. All donations are tax deductible.
- Our Mission: The Ralph Reeder Food Shelf provides emergency and supplemental food assistance to individuals and families in need and to connect them to other helpful resources in a manner that preserves their dignity and empowers them to take steps towards self-sufficiency.
- Our Vision: Working together to help our neighbors in need
- Our Belief: Ralph Reeder Food Shelf’s presence in our communities make our neighborhoods and schools healthier and more stable.
A Guidestar Non-profit organization - Federal ID 41-6008084 a program within Independent School Number 621. All donations are tax deductible. https://www2.guidestar.org/
Ralph Reeder featured on TPT MN
Ralph Reeder Food Shelf is featured on the Food Justice special on TPT MN....video link below, forward to 22:10 to hear about Ralph Reeder, MV Schools garden projects, and a rare look at the lives of people experiencing food insecurity and homelessness here in the twin cities. Food Justice Video
Hunger in Our Community
To learn more about the Ralph Reeder Food Shelf and hunger in our community, please see our most recent brochure: