The Ralph Reeder Food Shelf currently gives out over 50,000 pounds of food and non-food items each month to over 23,000 low income duplicated individuals annually.
To meet the growing needs of those who are less fortunate, we rely heavily on donations of food and cash from area churches, businesses, schools, clubs and individuals who share a common concern….............................HUNGER
We Need Your Help!
A Guidestar Non-profit organization - Federal ID 41-6008084 a program within Independent School Number 621. All donations are tax deductible. https://www2.guidestar.org/
Upcoming Events - We have recently moved to Mounds View. Check out our housewarming wish list for our new space on amazon at Amazon Wish List
Looking for Creative Food and Cash Drive Ideas?
- take a week and make each day a different amount - penny day, nickel day, dime day, quarter day, dollar day - watch your donations grow!
- Make it a competition use a thermometer to illustrate how your donations are growing, provide incentives to the group that does the most.
- if you are in need of cash container, try using a clean, empty can of soup, or coffee jar and taylor it to fit your event.
- Casual fridays - have employees donate to be able to wear casual dress on Fridays.
- Hold a bake sale, garage sale, spaghetti dinner, etc. and encourage donations to the food shelf.
Food and Personal Care Drive ideas:
- Staple our grocery bag of needs to brown grocery bags and pass out to members of your church, business or neighborhood. Be sure and put infomration on how the bags will be picked up. A sure fire way to increase the donations that your food shelf desperately needs.
- Hold a month long food drive and focus on a different category of items each week - week 1 - hygiene items, week 2 - canned fruits, week 3 - meals in a can or box, week 4 - staples (flour, sugar, oil) - email us for our current email@example.com
Service Project Ideas - great for groups
Summer Bags - assemble small lunch bags full of summer necessities for our families in need - bug spray, sunscreen, bandaids, triple antibiotic ointment to name a few.
- Vitamin C Drive - access to healthy foods is often limited for families in need - how about collecting low sugar canned fruits and 100% fruit juice.
- Additional Drives - breakfast drives, baking drives, kid-friendly easy to open snack drives, meal in a can drives, staples drive, hygiene drive, the list is endless.
- Contact us about how you can help with our snackpack backpack program during the school year.
- Sign up to donate and assemble Christmas candy bags.
- Set up a giving tree at your place of work or church. To receive our wish list for Operation Joy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offer to color Angels for our angel and giving trees
- Sponsor a family for Thanksgiving by donating $10.00 to go towards a turkey or $25.00 to go towards a thanksgiving feast. Cutouts below.
Food Drive Resources:
Thanksgiving and Christmas Resources:
- I donated turkey cutouts
- I donated holiday food angels
- Donate a gift - boy
- Donate Food - Family
- Donate a Gift - Girl
Holiday Baking Bags: http://www.signupgenius.com/go
/10c0945a8a622a0f85-holiday1Thanksgiving Turkeys: http://www.signupgenius.com/go /10c0945a8a622a0f85-thanksgivi ng
If you would like posters and/or borrow a food barrel, please email Lisa at email@example.com or call 651-621-7450.
Ways you can help:
Why are cash donations So valuable to a food shelf?
What $10.00 Buys:
Cash and check donations are used to purchase meats and milk and to replenish our shelves. A small donation can make a BIG impact when food shelves stretch their dollars by purchasing through their local food banks and vendors. For every $1.00 we can purchase up to $8.00 worth of food.
Checks can be made out to the Ralph Reeder Food Shelf
2101-14th St. NW
New Brighton, MN 55112
DONATE FOOD OR HYGIENE ITEMS
Click here for a list of our most needed items
Silver View Plaza2544 Mounds View Blvd.Mounds View, MN 55112Ralph Reeder Food Shelf 651-621-6280Fax: 651-621-6283