The Ralph Reeder Food Shelf relies on the generosity of volunteers who help staff the food shelf on a daily basis, as well as the many additional volunteers who help with our seasonal programs.
With your help, we can make a difference!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Shoppers - Assisting participants with their food orders
- Phones - Answering phones and taking appointments
- Front Desk - checking in participants who have appointments and giving them intake paperwork as needed.
- Receptionist- greet and direct guests who enter our building.
- Miscellaneous Projects - short term
- Receiving and sorting food donations
- Stocking shelves
- Drivers - picking up food donations and bakery donations
- Off site Food Drive Organizer - Organizing food or cash drives for your school, church, business, civic group or neighborhood
- Seasonal help – Free Farmer's Markets, March FoodShare, Operation Joy (December) and the Good Neighbor Back to School Project (August)
- On-call help for various positions
We are open Monday through Friday daytime and Tuesday evenings. We are not open weekends.
If interested in becoming a volunteer please click here to fill out volunteer interest form. Thank you.
It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this
life that no man can sincerely try to help another
without helping himself.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Silver View Plaza2544 Mounds View Blvd.Mounds View, MN 55112Ralph Reeder Food Shelf 651-621-6280Fax: 651-621-6283