The Ralph Reeder Food Shelf relies on the generosity of volunteers who help staff the food shelf on a daily basis, as well as the many additional volunteers and groups who help with our seasonal programs and coordinate food drives in the community.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- Shoppers - Assisting participants with their food orders
- Phones - Answering phones and taking appointments
- Front Desk - checking in participants who have appointments and giving them intake paperwork as needed.
- Receptionist- greet and direct guests who enter our building.
- Miscellaneous Projects - short term
- Receiving and sorting food donations
- Stocking shelves
- Drivers - picking up food donations and bakery donations
- Off site Food Drive Organizer - Organizing food or cash drives for your school, church, business, civic group or neighborhood
- Seasonal help – Free Farmer's Markets, March FoodShare, Operation Joy (December) and the Good Neighbor Back to School Project (August)
- On-call help for various positions
We are open Monday through Friday daytime and Tuesday evenings. We are not typically open on weekends unless there is a special event.
If interested in becoming a volunteer please click here to fill out volunteer interest form.
Silver View Plaza2544 Mounds View Blvd.Mounds View, MN 55112651-621-6280Fax: 651-621-6283