Jump into this class and travel across the world to Finland, Ukraine, China, and Germany without stepping on a plane. The boreal forest is found in all of these places and from Canada in extends right into Laurentian's Backyard. In this class, students explore the forest and learn how to identify boreal flora, how these trees and plants interact with wildlife, and how people rely on forest resources.
- Students compare and contrast five to seven different trees in a boreal forest.
- Students identify five to seven trees found in a boreal forest.
- Students identify three shrubs in a boreal forest.
- Students explain the relationships between the flora and fauna of the boreal forest.
- Students explain how human needs are dependent on the boreal forest.