2021/2022 After School Ski & Snowboard Programs
Get set to hit the slopes this winter with Community Education's After-School Ski and Snowboard program for students in grades 6-12! Ride to a local ski hill on coach buses. Community Ed will be offering sessions on Monday and Tuesday evenings and Family nights every Sunday starting Dec 19.
Students: 6-12 grade
Prices: $240* Lift Tickets and Transportation
$392* Lift tickets, rental and transportation
$110** Transportation Only - must complete paper registration form, and attach a copy of ski pass.
$262** Transportation and Rent - must complete a paper register form
Dates: Monday or Tuesday evenings or both (additional $240)
- Mondays - Dec 20, Jan 3, 10, 24, 31 Feb 7, 14 & 28 (Mar 7th make up date if needed)
- Tuesdays- Dec 21, Jan 4, 11, 25, Feb 1, 8, 15 & Mar 1 ( Mar 8th make up date if needed)
- Registration: Opens October 1 and closes December 13, 2021, note if buses fill before Dec 13th, students will be put on a wait list.
- (after Dec 13th, there will be a $20 late fee, space will be limited)
*Price includes: 8 lift tickets, ski corral, 1 lesson/assessment and motocoach transportation to and from Ski Area. (Buses may be combined with another school) Students are strongly encourged to use the Ski Corral.
**Transportation only for season passholder is $110.00 (season passholders will need to complete a registration form, and return with a copy of the 2021/2022 pass. Form can be returned to students school or the Community office location at District Center. Online registration is not available for season passholders)
Equipment Rental: Equipment rental at Wild Mountain, if needed for Ski/Ski-board/Snowboard is $19.00, per week and will now be paid with registration. No longer will be paid the night of. Helmets included but not mandatory.
Parent Chaperones are Needed! You don't have to ski, we are looking for Chalet only chaperones too. Without chaperones there is no ski program. Buses are chaperoned by Mounds View District parents. Chaperones help take attendance and maintain order on buses. Additional responsibilities posted on our website. Chaperones will receive a free lift ticket, rental equipment and lesson each night. It is preferred that chaperones commit for all 8 weeks. As with all school volunteers, a routine background check will be required. Contact the ski supervisor at your child’s school for information.
- ALL students must participate in ski lesson/assessment the first night of ski.
- Due to the Federal CDC face masks are required by all people while on public transportation. Please refrain from eating on the bus and keep your facemask on for the duration of the bus ride.
- Currently, there is no masking requirement in place at Wild Mountain. We encourage all families to familiarize themselves with the current Community Education Covid-19 Safety Protocols.
- Students are responsible for being on time and riding their assigned bus, both to the ski area and back to school.
- Parents are responsible for picking up injured students at ski area or medical facility as determined by Ski Patrol and being contacted by the Ski Program Supervisor.
- There will be no changing of days during the season.
- Students not registered with the program may not substitute for a student who is in the program.
- Students are forbidden to use cigarettes, alcohol or non-prescribed drugs.
- Students are expected to follow all school and ski area rules while participating in the program. Any student not obeying all rules and regulations will be dropped from the program immediately and may need to be picked up from the ski area by their parents. No refunds will be made to students dropped from the program for disciplinary reasons.
Program Terms and Conditions
What Does The Price Include: Motor coach transportation to ski area and back to school, lesson/assessment the first night of ski, lift tickets & ski corral. Additional lessons and clinics available free of charge.
Transportation: Buses depart after school. Students must ride the bus both to and from ski aea. Student may not be dropped off or picked up from the ski area by parents, friends, etc. No exceptions will be made. All buses reload between 8:15-8:30 pm. Students will be dropped off at their school by 9:30 pm. Students are responsible for transportation home from school. Please arrange to have a ride waiting at school by 9:15 pm. School buildings may not be open when the buses return, so phones may not be available. (Note: Buses may be combined with another school.)
Ski Equipment: Each school will have a designated storage area where students may leave their equipment the day of ski. Students may not bring ski equipment on school buses coming to school and must be driven if they are transporting equipment. Students are strongly encouraged to use the complimentary ski corral while at Wild Mountain.
Wild Mtn Ski Pass: Students that have a Wild Mtn Ski Pass may register for transportation only for $110.00. Online registration is not available for ski pass, you must submit a paper registration form. Along with your registration form and payment you must include a copy of your 2021/2022 Season Pass, (a ski pass application is not acceptable). You must have the pass at the time of registration or you will pay the full $240. No exceptions!
Valuables: Students are encouraged to leave all valuables at home. Bus doors do not lock and may be left unattended. Rental lockers will be available. Community Education will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Refunds: There will be NO REFUNDS issued after the start of each session. Medical refunds during the session the student is registered for must be documented by a physician’s note. Families are responsible to check for conflicts including band, orchestra, choir concerts and any other school activities in which attendance is mandatory. There will be no individual make-ups or refunds for missed nights of skiing.
Scholarships: This is a voluntary activity and scholarships are not available for the After School Ski Program.
Cold Weather Cancellation: When the National Weather Service’s noon forecast predicts temperatures at –20F or colder for the afternoon or evening and/or bus company, Washington or Chisago County Sherriff or ski area reports unsafe conditions, the ski program will be cancelled that day and rescheduled for the end of the session. You will be notified via email if the ski club has been canceled due to weather conditions.
Chippewa Middle School
Edgewood Middle School
Christian Van House
Highview Middle School
Irondale High School
Mounds View High School