Skiing & Snowboarding
Cold Weather Cancellations: When the National Weather Service's noon forecast predicts temperatures at -20F (actual temp or wind chill) or colder for the afternoon and evening and/or bus company, Washington & Chisago County Sheriff or ski area reports unsafe conditions, the ski program will be cancelled that day and rescheduled for the end of the session. For updated information call the Ski Hotline at 651-621-7484 after noon on the day in question.
2017/2018 After School Ski & Snowboard Program
Monday and Tuesday evenings at Afton Alps
Mondays : Dec 11, 18, Jan 8,22,29, Feb 5, 12, 26 - Mar 5 is reserved for a make up session if needed
Tuesdays: Dec 12,19, Jan 9,23,30, Feb 6,13, 27 - Mar 6 is reserved for a make up session if needed
- $232 for 8 sessions
- Price includes: 8 lift tickets, ski corral, 1 lesson/assessment and motorcoach transportation to and from Ski Area. (Buses may be combined with another school) Students are strongly encourged to use the Ski Corral.
- Rental is $16.00 Ski/snowboard (price includes a helmet) There is a $5.00 equipment switch fee for rentals.
- Transportation only for Season passholder is $110.00 (season passholders will need to complete a registration form, and return with a copy of the 2016/2017 pass. Form can be returned to students school or the Community office location at Snail Lake. On line registration is not available for season passholders) Buses leave right after school and return around 9:15pm. (buses leave the ski resort at 8:30pm)
- Registration deadline is December 4. 2017 (after Dec 4th, there will be a $20 late fee, space will be limited.
- All students are requried to take a lesson/assessment the first night of ski.
- Students are responsible for being on time and riding their assigned bus, both to the ski area and back to school.
- Parents are responsible for picking up injured students at ski area or medical facility as determined by Ski Patrol and being contacted by the Ski Program Supervisor.
- There will be no changing of days, during the season.
- Students not registered with the program may not substitute for a student who is in the program.
- ALL students must participate in ski lesson/assessment the first night of ski.
- Students are forbidden to use cigarettes, alcohol or non-prescribed drugs.
- Students are expected to follow all school and ski area rules while participating in the Ski/snowboard program. Any student not obeying all rules and regulations will be dropped from the program immediately and may need to be picked up from the ski area by their parents. No refunds will be made to students dropped from the program for disciplinary reasons.
Parent Chaperones are Needed
You don't have to ski, we are looking for Chalet only chaperones too. Without chaperones there is no ski program. Buses are chaperoned by Mounds View district parents. Chaperones that prefer to ski will receive a free lift ticket, rental equipment, and lessons each night. It is preferred that each chaperone commits for all 8 weeks. As with all school volunteers, a routine back ground check will be required. Contact your schools ski supervisor for more information.