2022/2023 After School Ski & Snowboard Programs
Get set to hit the slopes this winter with Community Education's After-School Ski and Snowboard program for students in grades 6-12! Community Ed will be offering sessions on Monday and Tuesday evenings.
Students: 6-12 grade
Prices: $350* Lift Tickets and Transportation
$510** Lift tickets, rental and transportation
$208*** Transportation Only - Wild Mountain Season Ski passholder only
Dates: Monday or Tuesday evenings
- Mondays - Dec 12, 19, Jan 9, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 27 (Mar 6th make up date if needed)
- Tuesdays- Dec 13, 20, Jan 10, 24, 31, Feb 7, 14, 28 ( Mar 7th make up date if needed)
- Registration: Opens September 1st, 2022 and closes December 9, 2022. Note: If buses fill before Dec 9th, students will be put on a wait list.
*Price includes: 8 lift tickets, ski corral, 1 ski lesson/assessment and motorcoach transportation to and from the ski area. (Buses may be combined with another school based on registration). Students are strongly encouraged to use the Ski Corral at Wild Mountain.
**Ski equipment rental includes: skis, boots, poles and helmet. Snowboard equipment includes snowboard, boots and helmet.
***Transportation only: Registered students must have a season pass. A copy of the 2022/2023 pass can be returned to students' school or the Community Education office location at District Center.
Parent Chaperones are Needed! You don't have to ski, we are looking for Chalet only chaperones too. Without chaperones there is no ski program. Buses are chaperoned by Mounds View District parents. Chaperones help take attendance and maintain order on buses. Additional responsibilities are posted on our website. Chaperones will receive a free lift ticket, rental equipment and lesson each night. It is preferred that chaperones work for all 8 weeks. As with all school volunteers, a routine background check will be required. Contact the ski supervisor at your child’s school for information.
- Students are responsible for being on time and riding their assigned bus, both to the ski area and back to school.
- Parents are responsible for picking up injured students at ski area or medical facility as determined by Ski Patrol and being contacted by the Ski Program Supervisor.
- There will be no changing of days during the season.
- Students not registered with the program may not substitute for a student who is in the program.
- Students are forbidden to use cigarettes, alcohol or non-prescribed drugs.
- Students are expected to follow all school and ski area rules while participating in the program. Any student not obeying all rules and regulations will be dropped from the program immediately and may need to be picked up from the ski area by their guardian. No refunds will be made to students dropped from the program for disciplinary reasons.
Program Terms and Conditions
What the price includes: Motor coach transportation to ski area and back to school, lesson/assessment on the first night of ski, lift tickets & ski corral. Additional lessons and clinics available free of charge.
Transportation: Buses depart after school. Students must ride the bus both to and from ski area. Student may not be dropped off or picked up from the ski area by parents, friends, etc. No exceptions will be made. All buses reload between 8:15-8:30 pm. Students will be dropped off at their school by 9:30 pm. Students are responsible for transportation home from school. Please arrange to have a ride waiting at school by 9:15 pm. School buildings may not be open when the buses return, so phones may not be available. (Note: Buses may be combined with another school)
Ski Equipment: Each school will have a designated storage area where students may leave their equipment skiing day. Students may not bring ski equipment on school buses coming to school and must be driven if they are transporting equipment. Students are strongly encouraged to use the complimentary ski corral while at Wild Mountain.
Lessons: Wild Mountain will provide participants with a group ski lesson for the program. Participant must sign up via Google Form one week ahead of time. Optional sign-up will be communicated via email one-week before. Group lessons start at 4:30pm and check in at the Lesson Counter. Group lessons are available for ages 8 and older, skiing only. Please contact Wild Mountain Snow Sports School for snowboarding lesson requests.
Valuables: Students are encouraged to leave all valuables at home. Bus doors do not lock and may be left unattended. Rental lockers will be available. Community Education will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Refunds: There will be NO REFUNDS issued after the start of each session. Medical refunds during the session the student is registered for must be documented by a physician’s note. Families are responsible for checking for conflicts, including band, orchestra, choir concerts and any other school activities in which attendance is mandatory. There will be no individual make-ups or refunds for missed nights of skiing.
Scholarships: This is a voluntary activity and scholarships are not available for the After-School Ski/Snowboard Program.
Cold Weather Cancellation: When the National Weather Service’s noon forecast predicts temperatures at –20F or colder for the afternoon or evening and/or bus company, Washington or Chisago County Sherriff or ski area reports unsafe conditions, the ski program will be cancelled that day and rescheduled for the end of the session. You will be notified via email if the ski club has been canceled due to weather conditions.
Chippewa Middle School
Edgewood Middle School
Christian Van House
Highview Middle School
Irondale High School