Staff and Parent Communication Plan
In an effort to connect with parents and significant adults in an intentional way, the ALC staff will:
- Meet with student, parent and dean/teacher/principal at an intake. The purpose of the intake is to create a Continual Learning Plan ( CLP), gather information about student needs and goals.
- Teachers ,dean and principal will contact parents to inform them of student progress, successes and any concerns that may arise.
- Since office hours are intended to replace traditional parent/teacher conferences, the time will be used as follow
- Office hours will begin the week of 9/24, but will not be held during the following weeks:
- Week of 10/15 (MEA)
- Week of 11/19 (Thanksgiving break)
- Weeks of 12/24, 12/31 (Winter break)
- Week of 1/21 (End of semester)
- Week of 3/11 (short week before spring break)
- Week of 3/18 (spring break)
- Week of 5/27
- Week of 6/3
- Teachers will each determine an “office hour” day/time for parent phone calls, emails and in person conversations. Office hours will be a dedicated time for teachers to connect with parents. Other uses of office hours may include updating web pages or making other efforts to reach out/communicate with parents.
- Individual teachers will log contacts as they occur.
- Midquarter and quarter results will be shared, both online and via the mail.
- Fall, winter and spring events will be created to reach out to parents.
- Fall: Orientation to the e-ALC
- Winter: College/Career Planning, Financial Aid/FAFSA
- Spring: Second Orientation for second semester enrollees
Certified staff will be in attendance at the three parent events.