Early College Credits

  • Earning Credits

    College credit-earning courses identified by Mounds View Public Schools and Anoka-Ramsey Community College (ARCC) have been specifically chosen to allow students the opportunity to meet the general education requirements of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and/or the Associate of Arts degree. Students who complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum through ARCC (with a cumulative GPA of 2.0) have completed the general education requirements at many Minnesota colleges and universities. To earn college credit in a dual enrollment course, students must earn at least a C average on the ARCC grading scale and demonstrate proficiency in all essential outcomes.

    Transferring Credits

    Students earning an associate degree have the opportunity to transfer earned credits to a wide range of colleges and universities across the U.S. Students should always work closely with their dean to ensure how their credits may transfer or be accepted at the college or university of their choice.

    Agreements have been made with the following colleges/universities for students who complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and/or the Associate of Arts degree at ARCC and meet the individual college's entrance requirements:

    • The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) -- a system of 31 two-year and four-year public colleges and universities. There are 54 MnSCU campuses in 47 communities throughout the state of Minnesota.
    • The University of Minnesota System with campuses in the Twin Cities, Crookston, Duluth, Morris and Rochester.