We are located in Mounds View and provide food and other basic needs, as well as connections to other important programs and services. We primarily serve school district families in need and food insecure individuals living in the communities of New Brighton, Mounds View, Shoreview, North Oaks, Arden Hills, Northern Roseville, and a small section of Vadnais Heights. If you are looking for a food shelf in your immediate area, click here for listings by zip code.
Food Shelf Pick-Up & Delivery Options
- Shop Inside– Browse and select your own produce, dairy, protein, pantry staples, and personal care items based on your needs.
- Fast Curbside Pickup - all of the above items are pre-packed for you and ready to go and include a handful of your special requests. Day and evening appointments are available for curbside pickups.
- Delivery available for seniors and disabled adults as well as school referrals
A typical family of 4 receives approximately 100-125 pounds of non-perishable boxed and canned items, meats, milk, eggs, dairy, deli, fresh produce, bakery, hygiene, cleaning supplies, as well as baby diapers and wipes. You may come twice a month or more often if approved by a staff member. If you have dietary restrictions, we will try and accommodate you. Keep in mind, our inventory is constantly changing, so we cannot always provide access to specific items, but we will try our best to meet your needs.
How to set up an appointment:
- BY PHONE - 651-621-6280. (espanol - 651-621-6284) -
- ONLINE appointment request form - english
- ONLINE Espanol
Hours - We are open Monday through Friday by appointment.
What to expect when you shop inside:
- Appointment is required and only one person will be allowed to shop inside per family.
- Please be prepared to fill out a short intake form if needed.
- Each household will choose their own groceries and will receive approximately 7 days worth of nutritionally balanced food items including meat and milk, fresh produce and deli items, personal hygiene items, and cleaning supplies, along with additional resources and referrals to other low income programs and services. A typical family of four will receive approximately 100-125 pounds of food and personal care items.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy: Ralph Reeder Food Shelf/Mounds View Public Schools is accessible to people with physical disabilities, including people using wheelchairs, and persons who have learning, visual, hearing, or speech problems. We will serve all individuals who are eligible and are committed to making appropriate and reasonable accommodations in order to make our services accessible.
Non-Discrimination Statement The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities).
"Ralph Reeder is a great place! I've come here on a dozen occassions the last few years and they always have good quality food, you get a lot of help, fresh produce in the summer is really nice! It is a place of dignity, you can go through like you are shopping and pick things your family likes and will use. The helpers are so nice and friendly!! I love this place. Thank you to all who help and donate here, it makes a huge differance and is done in much love and care!" -Food Shelf Participant-