We provide food and other basic needs, as well as connections to other important programs and services. We primarily serve school district families in need and food insecure individuals living in the communities of New Brighton, Mounds View, Shoreview, North Oaks, Arden Hills, Northern Roseville, and a small section of Vadnais Heights. All are welcome.
Food Shelf Pick-Up & Delivery Options
- Shop inside our food shelf – Browse and select your own produce, dairy, protein, pantry staples, and personal care items based on your needs.
- Drive-up –
- Delivery available for seniors and disabled adults as well as school referrals
How to set up an appointment:
We are open Monday through Friday by appointment (day and evening shopping hours are available). Please call the food shelf appointment line at 651-621-6280 (Espanol - 651-621-6284) to schedule an appointment to receive food or fill out an appointment request form - english
What to expect when you shop inside:
- Appointment is required and only one person will be allowed to shop inside per family.
- Please be prepared to fill out a short intake form
- Each household will choose their own groceries and will receive approximately 7 days worth of nutritionally balanced food items including meat and milk, fresh produce and deli items, personal hygiene items, and cleaning supplies, along with additional resources and referrals to other low income programs and services. A typical family of four will receive approximately 100 pounds of food.
Requested items to bring with you:
- Identification for Head of House
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy: Ralph Reeder Food Shelf/Mounds View Public Schools is accessible to people with physical disabilities, including people using wheelchairs, and persons who have learning, visual, hearing, or speech problems. We will serve all individuals who are eligible and are committed to making appropriate and reasonable accommodations in order to make our services accessible.
Non-Discrimination Statement The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities).
"Ralph Reeder is a great place! I've come here on a dozen occassions the last few years and they always have good quality food, you get a lot of help, fresh produce in the summer is really nice! It is a place of dignity, you can go through like you are shopping and pick things your family likes and will use. The helpers are so nice and friendly!! I love this place. Thank you to all who help and donate here, it makes a huge differance and is done in much love and care!" -Food Shelf Participant-