Equity Promise Scholarship Program
All students deserve a chance to pursue their dreams after high school. That’s why Mounds View Public Schools created the Equity Promise Scholarship program. The District has established a long-standing tradition of working with community businesses and organizations to provide local scholarships to graduating seniors. The scholarship program is aimed at reinforcing the District’s Equity Promise of supporting all students in achieving their post-secondary goals, whether at a two-year college or a four-year college or university.
The District’s Equity Promise “ensures all students are prepared for post-secondary success regardless of race, class, gender or disability.”
Who can qualify?
All graduating seniors continuing on to a 2 or 4 year post-secondary program.
- The Equity Promise Scholarship Program recognizes a more broad range of students who have demonstrated success in high school through a variety of ways, including academic growth, leadership and perseverance —both inside and outside of the classroom.
- The program provides one-time awards to graduating seniors.
How much are the awards?
- About 80 percent of all scholarship awards will be worth a minimum of $1,000 for a two-year college and $1,500 for a four-year college or university.
- The remaining 20 percent of awards will be worth a minimum of $500, depending on the donor.
How can students apply?
- The student application includes essay questions related to leadership, perseverance and growth in one of the District's 12 Habits of Mind. The application opens November 18, 2021.
- Applications will be due by January 7, 2022.
- Student Application
- Student Application Rubric (This rubric is intended for applicants to use in conducting a self-assessment of their responses)
When will recipients be notified?
- All recipients will be notified after May 1, 2022
- Recognition events will be held at the high schools.
For more information regarding the Equity Promise Scholarship Program, please contact Ellen Elmquist at Mounds View High School -- firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Ellen Baisley at Irondale High School -- email@example.com.
Interested in supporting the scholarship program?