2017-2018 Grade 3 Home-School Communication Plan
Pathways to communicate with all homeroom and subject teachers:
- Early Communication Meetings will be on August 31st, from 8:00am-3:30pm and on September 14th, from 3:45-6:00pm. Parent/Guardians are encouraged to attend one of these times.
- Third Grade Curriculum Night will be September 26th, from 6:00-7:00 PM, in our classrooms.
This important meeting outlines what to expect throughout the year in third grade.
- Parent/Guardian Communication Meetings: Communication Meetings are opportunities to meet with your child’s homeroom teacher throughout the year. These meetings provide parents/guardians and teachers fifteen minutes to conference about student progress. It is highly recommended to schedule one meeting each semester. Scheduling these meetings will be done through Sign-Up Genius. Links to these sign-ups will be posted teacher's’ websites.
Parent/Guardian Communication Meetings for Third Grade Homeroom Teachers
3:45 – 7:00 p.m.
Third Grade Homerooms
November 9th (common night), January 11th,
February 22nd (common night), March 27th, April 19th
(Check each homeroom teacher’s website for actual times and dates)
- Report Cards/Progress Reports are issued after the end of each semester.
- ParentVUE is our district’s online parent portal. If your family has not registered for ParentVUE, please contact Marlene Neuman, school clerk, at email@example.com. You will be able to access your child’s grades using ParentVUE.
- Teacher Websites communicate teacher contact information, updates, upcoming events, and our daily schedule. Some teachers may also post homework assignments.
- Phone Calls & E-Mails are answered within 48 hours. Every effort is given to answer phone calls and e-mails promptly. If you have an urgent message, please contact the office.
- Weekly Communication Sheets from the homeroom teachers are used for students to keep track of their daily assignments and to share weekly events and deadlines. Expect to see a new communication sheet at the beginning of each week.
Grade 3 Teacher Contact Information: