IT Career Pathways
IT Career Pathways Open Lab
Nervous about computers? Need help with that resume or job application? Attend our open lab!
This time is dedicated to YOU! Our instructor will help you with whatever skills you need help on, including Northstar Digital Literacy, MOS, resume writing, career search, and more!
Starts on September 6th.
Day: Fridays only
In-person classes: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Microsoft Office Suite Bootcamps
Want to know about using Microsoft products in a professional way?
We offer a multitude of short bootcamp-style classes to run you through basic, moderate, and advanced skills! These three-day, bite-sized classes are intended to let you learn new skills and fine-tune your MOS skills.
These courses change weekly. View the schedule here, and start learning today!
Starts on September 6th
Hours: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Essential Computer Skills Training: Want to learn how to use a computer for work and fun?
- Computer Basics: where students learn fundamental computer skills
- Internet Basics: where students learn how to effectively and safely use the internet
- Using Email: where students learn how to use email clients to compose emails
- Windows: where students learn about special features Windows computers have in common
- Microsoft Word: where students learn about word processing
- Microsoft Excel: where students will learn how to use an Excel spreadsheet
- Microsoft PowerPoint: where students will learn about PowerPoint presentations
All classes are free! For more information or to register, call 651-621-6250 or email email@example.com.
Dates: September 6th through January 13th 2023
Days: Monday - Thursday
In-person evening classes: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
This course covers:
- Attacks, threats and vulnerabilities
- Architecture and design
- Operations and incident response
- Governance, risk and compliance
Careers that use this certification:
- Security administrator
- IT Project manager
- Systems administrator
- Helpdesk manager/analyst
- Network/cloud engineer
- Security engineer/analyst
- DevOps/software developer
- IT Auditors
For more information or to register, call 651-621-6250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class schedule: Check back Summer 2023 for this course!
CompTIA A Certification
Looking for a solid, growing career field?
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to install and upgrade an operating system
- Install and image virtual machines
- Manage data storage
- Learn about and manage peripheral devices
- Learn about safety and maintenance
- Learn about assembly and disassembly of hardware
- Learn about computer networks Learn about internet security
- Learn to troubleshoot
For more information or to register, call (651) 621-6250 or email email@example.com
Starts on September 6th-January 13th
Hours: 9:00 AM-12:30 PM
Get involved in a great career opportunity!
CompTIA Network+ Curriculum includes:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices (IE switches and routers) to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support creation of virtual networks
- Junior Network
- Computer Technician
- Network Field Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Junior System Engineer
- System Engineer
- IS Consultant
- Network Support
- Network Field Engineer
- Network Analyst
For more information or to register, call (651)-621-6250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starts on September 6th-January 13th
Hours: 1:00 PM-3:30 PM
Silver View Education Center
2574-B Mounds View Boulevard (formerly County Hwy 10)
Mounds View, MN 55112
Equal Opportunity for Education and Employment
Find us on Facebook