Special Nutrition Needs

  • Mounds View Schools Nutrition Services Gluten Safe Menu Procedure:

    Mounds View Nutrition Service Department will provide a Monthly Gluten Safe Lunch Menu to a student on a medical authority verified Gluten Free diet with a student who has Celiac Disease. 

    • In accordance with federal USDA regulations, the Special Diet Statement form to request dietary accomodations must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian as well as the child’s licensed physician before any accommodations are made. 
    • The Special Diet Statement must be given to the School Health office and the District Nutrition Services Office.  Please contact Nancy Rust in the District Nutrition Service department at #651-621-6025 or email nancy.rust@moundsviewschools.org to discuss the plan for their student.
    • Our Gluten Free procedure for ordering meals is HERE.

    What is a special diet statement for a participant with a disability that affects the diet?

    The special diet statement is a form which provides information about the student, the disability for which the diet must be modified, defines which foods are to be omitted and substituted and is signed by a licensed physician, physician assistant or advanced nurse practioner.

    Please be advised that the nutritional and ingredient information is general information and not intended to be used as medical advice. We make every effort to provide accurate information; however, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional or ingredient information.

Nutrition Labels