View the Meeting Online
School Board meetings can be viewed live via online webstreaming. To watch the School Board meeting live or view archived School Board meetings, please click here
Note: you must use QuickTime to view the Board meetings online. You may experience difficulties if you are not using the newest version of QuickTime and the newest version of your web browser. Viewing is best using Google Chrome. If the video does not start connecting soon after you click on the player, please hit "Refresh" (under "View" on your menu bar) to start the video.
Planning for summer 2017 is currently underway. Elementary schools will host programs that extend the learning opportunities in reading and math. High School summer programs will focus on credit recovery for students who need additional time and instruction to stay on track for graduation. Additional programming will include opportunities for students to participate in band, orchestra and community education
experiences. As information becomes available, it will be posted at www.moundsviewschools.org/summerprograms
Facilities task force final report
In response to increasing enrollment, last fall the School Board established a 39-member facilities task force to provide feedback on Mounds View Public Schools facilities this spring. Meeting monthly since September, the group of residents and parents, supported by staff and administration, compared current facility and program needs to the realities of a growing student body. Reviewing data, reports and studies, the task force and administration reported its findings to the School Board. View the full report here
. Specific feedback included:
• Updating and adding flexible spaces to all sites is the best approach to address enrollment and capacity issues into the future.
• As future space additions are considered, corresponding infrastructure updates are required.
• Preparing students for real-world experiences requires creative and collaborative spaces supported by progressive technology.
• Residents deserve to have District facilities that are comparable to other high-performing school districts.
• As improvements are contemplated, additional safety and security enhancements must be considered.
UpdatesThe Board discussed issues and updates related to AMSD.
The Board accepted, with appreciation, gifts from Travelers Employee Giving Campaign, Frank & Jane LaPorte, Croix Oil Company, John Hiskey, Bradley Boser, Wells Fargo Community Support Campaign, Jacqui Blasiak-Wisner, Allina Community Engagement, Deluxe Corporation Foundation, and Zero Gravity.
A look ahead
April 6, 6 p.m., work session
April 11, 7 p.m., regular meeting