The Minnesota Department of Education has provided the following information to be shared with families:
The statewide assessments are how Minnesota measures that curriculum and daily instruction in schools are being aligned to the academic standards, ensuring all students are being provided an equitable education.
The Minnesota Department of Education has created these Parent Resources that answer questions about each statewide assessment:
- MCA Parent Fact Sheet (English)
- MCA Parent Fact Sheet SPANISH
- MCA Parent Fact Sheet SOMALI
- MCA Parent Fact Sheet HMONG
- MCA Parent Fact Sheet ARABIC
- MTAS Parent Fact Sheet
- ACCESS Parent Fact Sheet
Statewide Testing Calendar
In accordance with Minnesota Statute 120B.301 subd.(c), posted below is the Mounds View Public Schools Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) Testing Schedule. Please consult your student's school or teacher communications for exact dates and times for testing.
- Mounds View Public Schools ACCESS for ELLs Administration Dates:
- Grades K-12: January 30 - March 8
- 2022-23 Mounds View ACCESS for ELL's Administration Dates by School, Grade & Domain
- Mounds View Public Schools MCA/MTAS Administration Dates:
- Grades 3-8, 10, & 11: March 20 - May 12
- Mounds View MCA Administration Dates by School, Subject & Grades
Student Participation in Statewide Assessments
Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.31, subdivision 4a. Student Participation requires MDE to publish a form for parents/guardians to complete if they refuse to have their student participate in state-required standardized assessments and for districts to include MDE’s form on their district website. The Parent/Guardian Guide to Statewide Testing document provides some basic information to help parents/guardians make informed decisions that benefit their child and their school and community. The form to meet this legislative requirement is available at the link below:
- Parent/Guardian Participation Guide and Refusal Information - Please submit this form to the administrator at the school your student attends.
- የወላጅ/አሳዳጊ የተሳትፎ መመሪያ እና የእምቢታ መረጃ - AMHARIC
- دلیل مشاركة ولي الأمر/الوصي ومعلومات الرفض - ARABIC
- 家长/监护人参与指南和拒绝信息 - CHINESE
- Phau Ntawv Qhia Kev Koom Nrog Ntawm Niam Txiv/Tus Saib Xyuas Me Nyuam thiab Cov Ntaub Ntawv Kev Tsis Pom Zoo - HMONG
- Parent/Guardian Participation Guide and Refusal Information - KAREN
- Qajeelfama Hirmaannaa fi Odeeffannoo Diddaa Maatii/Guddisaa - OROMO
- Руководство по участию родителей/опекунов и информация по отказам - RUSSIAN
- Hagaha Ka Qaybqaadashada Waalidka/Masuulka iyo Macluumaadka Diidmada - SOMALI
- Guía y negación de permiso para la participación del estudiante - SPANISH
- Hướng Dẫn Tham Gia Dành Cho Phụ Huynh/Người Giám Hộ và Thông Tin Từ Chối - VIETNAMESE
Mounds View Schools will also accept, from a parent or guardian, a written letter or email expressing their request to have their student not participate in Minnesota Assessments. It is helpful if the test name/subject and the reason for not participating is also included, as Mounds View Schools must submit this information to the Minnesota Department of Education.
For more information on the Statewide Testing, go to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) Statewide Testing for Students and Families Webpage.
MN Report Card
The results on statewide testing, including the Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments and the ACCESS for the ELs 2.0, as well as other demographic information and performance indicators are published annually in the MN Report Card. Click HERE to access these test results.