Welcome to summer day camps 2023!
We hope this page will be a resource for you throughout the summer to answer any questions you may have and provide general camp information.
- Required forms - Participant Information, Allergy action plan, Medication authorization
- Check in/out procedure and information
- Daily Schedule
- What to bring
- Contact us
- Participant Information (Complete by the Friday prior to your participant attending camp)
- Allergy Emergency Action Plan - If applicable
- Medication authorization - If applicable
Participant Check-in and Check-out
Turtle Lake Elementary School, Turtle Hall
1141 Lepak Ct, Shoreview, MN 55126
Participant Check-in/out procedure and information
- Participants must be walked in the building and checked in with a signature daily by a parent/guardian or an authorized person.
- Participants must be picked up by parent/guardian or an authorized person per their participant information sheet.
- The parent/guardian or an authorized person must present a valid form of photo identification for the participant to be released to them.
- Please note this policy is to ensure the safety of your participant and no exceptions will be made to this policy.
Late Participant Check-out Fees
Parents/Guardians are expected to pick-up their Participation by 5:00 p.m. A $1 per child per minute late fee may be assessed for each minute, when a child is picked up after 5:00 p.m. The fee assessed will be charged to the credit card on file the following day.
Late Pick Up Procedures
If we have not heard from the parent or guardian by 5:15pm we will attempt to contact the parent or guardian, if we still have not been able to contact a parent/emergency contact by 5:30pm we will call the police. If a child is not picked up after 30 minutes of the program closing, police will be called to pick up your child. Repeated occurrences will result in dismissal from current and future community education programs.
- Drop-off 8 - 8:45 a.m.
- Morning camp 9 a.m. - noon
- Lunch Bunch noon - 1 p.m. ($10 per week - Required if Signing up for morning and afternoon sessions)
- Afternoon camp 1 - 4 p.m.
- Pick-up 4 - 5 p.m.
Morning Drop-off and Afternoon Pick-up Care
Reduce some summer stress with our new extended morning drop-off hour and afternoon pick-up hour included in your summer camp registration! Campers can be dropped off as early as 8 a.m. and picked up as late as 5 p.m. giving families a little more flexibility in their day.
- If you are participating in lunch bunch parents/guardians must provide a labeled lunch for your participant each day. No lunch will be served on site for summer day camp participants. Please note refrigeration is not available and lunches should not include products containing peanuts or tree nuts.
- Additionally, if your participant is registered for morning and afternoon camp sessions within the same week you are Required sign up for Lunch bunch for the week.
What to bring/wear
Backpack, Sweatshirt, Tennis Shoes, Water bottle, nut free snack (optional for drop off and pick up time) and a positive attitude!
We recommend that all items be labeled with your child’s name, and that you send a backpack with your child each day. Community education is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings. Please leave valuables at home. Electronics and trading cards are not allowed to be brought to camp on any days.
Lost & Found
The lost and found area will be located next to the sign-in/out table. Please check the lost and found often. We recommend that you label all of your child’s personal belongings.
Participants must not be disruptive, disrespectful, hazardous to the health and/or safety of self or others, or break any laws.
- First Instance - Learning moment: The staff member who witnesses the inappropriate behavior takes the opportunity to explain why the behavior is not appropriate for Camp.
- Second Instance - Verbal warning: If the same or similar behavior happens again, the camper is then warned that their behavior is unacceptable and that they will need to take a break if the behavior persists.
- Third Instance - Take a break: If student behavior persists after a verbal warning the participant will be required to take a break from the activity or until they are able to conduct themselves in a safe, non-disruptive way.
Parents may be contacted during any step of this program at the discretion of the summer camp staff.
Discipline-related absences are not eligible for refunds. Major first-time incidents may progress the student directly to suspension or termination at the discretion of the summer camp coordinator and community education staff. Examples of such incidents may include bullying, fighting, vandalism, leaving the location, etc.
Periodically photos and videos are taken of participants engaging in Community Education activities. Please note these photos may appear online, in brochures or other publications. If you and or your family members do not wish to be photographed or videotaped, you must give written notice before the start of the activity or camp.
Refunds, Changes, and Cancellations
- Cancellations must be made at least seven days prior to the start of the activity to receive a refund. A $5 processing fee will be assessed to all cancellations.
- There will be no cost adjustments for late registration or classes missed by a participant.
- Community education reserves the right to cancel a class. When cancellations occur, participants will be notified and a full refund will be issued.
- All Community Education activities are subject to changes and cancellations.
- Registration deadlines for most activities are one week prior to the start date.
If your student will be absent for the day or if you need to contact Summer day camp staff for any reason please email or call the below.
Summer Day Camp Hotline: 651-621-6056
Summer Day Camp Email: summerdaycamp@