Based on guidance received from Governor Walz on July 30, Mounds View Public Schools will offer families a choice between full-time distance learning and a blended (hybrid) learning approach. You can learn more about each approach in our reopening planning document, which is regularly updated. Read the reopening planning document here.
Planning remains underway at both the District and school levels. In addition to the District plan posted on this website, each school will have a personalized and unique plan that will be shared on related pages and the school's website.
- July 23-24: Reopening planning document shared with staff and families
- July 30: State decision expected on which scenario schools must implement for fall reopening
- August 6: Families and staff receive detailed information on each scenario and a form to indicate their intention
- August 9: Family responses due
- August 10: Staff responses due
- August 17-19: Families receive student cohort placement announcements
- August 18: School Board meeting presentation outlining reopening plans
- August 24: Schools begin to share back-to-school presentations online
- September 8: First day of school begins with distance learning
- September 21: Blended learning begins
- 10 things to know about our preparation for reopening
- What does a blended learning school look like?
- What does a blended learning classroom look like?
- A "day in the life" of blended/hybrid and distance learning
- Mounds View’s reopening plan (updated Sept. 10)
- Mask mandate: the Governor’s Executive Order
- Minnesota Safe Learning Plan (July 30)
- Reopening survey: Parent, staff and student results
- Minnesota’s school year planning guidance for 2020-21
- Department of Health planning guide
- Fall sports - MSHSL statement (August 4)
If you have questions or concerns about reopening or COVID-19 safety measures, please contact your child's school directly. You can do this by emailing the school at firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com)