Mounds View High School Class of 2001
Greetings Mounds View High School Class of 2001,
As you may know I serve as President of the Mounds View Schools Education Foundation and am a member of the Mounds View School Board. Since 1987, the Foundation has turned community support into more that $1 million in grants to teachers, classrooms, projects and educational initiatives reaching each of our district's elementary, middle and high schools.
Each year we work in partnership with the superintendent and administration to identify grant funding priorities. At our annual Partnering For Education luncheon in February we announced our 2015-2016 funding priorities.
- STEAM Initiatives at the Elementary and Middle Schools
- Funding for materials and equipment to create “Makerspace” resource areas in the three middle schools and six elementary schools
- Laurentian Environmental Learning Center
- Funding for scholarships to provide access for elementary and middle school students to experience Laurentian
- Equity Promise Scholarships
- Funding to support graduating seniors in their post-secondary pursuits at both high schools
- College and Career Readiness
- Funding to invest in software to enhance post-secondary planning
We believe these funding priorities are critical to ensuring that the current and next generation of Mounds View Schools students realizes the same high quality education that we had. I hope you will consider a gift to the Mounds View Schools Education Foundation!