Start times options presented
November 16, 2016 – In response to feedback provided by the community, the School Board directed the administration to develop school start times options for consideration and review at the November 15 School Board meeting. The following three options are under consideration.
The Board invites the community to discuss the options at a public meeting.
Thursday, December 1
6 – 7:30 p.m.
Highview Middle School
2300 7th Street NW, New Brighton
Start times options presentation from November 15 Board meeting.
Webstream video of start times options presentation and Board discussion (coming end of day 11-16).
Thoughtexchange’s summarized report of community feedback.
Current school start times
- Tier 1: High Schools: 7:25 a.m. – 2:05 p.m.
- Tier 2: Middle Schools: 8:05 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Tier 3: Bel Air, Island Lake, Sunnyside, Turtle Lake: 8:45 a.m. – 3:25 p.m. (BA, IL, SS & TL kindergartens: 8:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.)
- Tier 4: Pinewood, Valentine Hills, Calvin Christian, St. John's, St. Odilia's: 9:25 a.m. – 4:05 p.m. (PW, VH kindergartens: 9:10 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.)
Sleep study research
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2014
- Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement, 2014
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015
- Minnesota Sleep Society, 2016
Actions during 2016 - 2017