Degrees and Certifications:
BA History and Social Studies Secondary Education (Bethel University) MA Curriculum and Instruction (University of St Thomas) Ed.S. K-12 Administration (in process) (University of St Thomas)
Mr. Aaron Redman
Per 1: US History
Per 2: US History
Per 3: US History
Per 4: Economics
Per 5: Economics
Per 6: Prep
Similar to Mounds View’s mission statement, students are expected to be responsible, respectful, and resourceful in the classroom. A students attitude, participation, effort and behavior go a long way in their success in the classroom and life. Students are also expected to come to class prepared every day with a binder for notes and stroring handouts, and a writing utensil. These expectations will be monitored with our “citizenship” grade (does not impact overall grade).
Classroom Policies: Other than being responsible, respectful, and resourceful…here are some specifics to this classroom.
- If you are not sitting in your seat when the bell starts to ring… you are TARDY. After three tardies the dean will be notified.
- No food is allowed in the class…only water in water bottles is allowed.
- No cell phone use from bell to bell…unless teacher gives permission. No cell phone usage during tests/quizzes. No Texting. Recording me or any student in my class is not permitted without permission from the teacher.
- StudentVUE/ParentVUE: Parents and students are expected to check grades online frequently.
Test Re-Take Policy:
1. All students are eligible to re-take the test for a new score. If they choose to re-take a test, the new score will replace the old score (even if its lower than the first time they took it).
2. To be allowed to re-take the test, the student must FULLY complete the “Re-learning contract”. The contract includes steps/activities to complete before a test re-take is possible. Hard copies of this are available in the classroom.
3. Students take an alternate version of the test. It is very similar to the original.
4. Students will have ONE WEEK to prepare for the re-take.