Mounds View Public Schools Preschool
Mounds View Public Schools recognizes the benefits of early childhood education. We offer a variety of preschool classes for children 3 to 5 years old. Our preschool classes provide activities to encourage each child’s growth and development and to prepare for kindergarten entrance. Classes meet two to five days per week.
The curriculum, based on Minnesota's Early Learning Standards, promotes each child's social-emotional, language, physical and intellectual development. Licensed teachers utilize the Teaching Strategies Gold assessment tool to prepare children for kindergarten. Children play and learn side by side with new friends including children with special needs.
Parent days are scheduled weekly, twice a month or four times during the school year where parents attend preschool for parent-child activity time followed by parent education discussion.
Mounds View Public Schools Preschool:
- is aligned with the Mounds View Public Schools K-12 curriculum.
- is the only local preschool with a parent education component.
- offers a six and one half hour all day preschool.
- offers limited bus transportation.
- includes supervised curbside pick-up.
- offers before/after preschool childcare.
- has been awarded a 4 star rating from Parent Aware which includes early education programs focused on high quality early learning and kindergarten readiness.
- is team taught with Early Childhood Special Education-ECSE.