Mounds View Public Schools uses social media as another outlet for parent and community communication. We’re here to:
- Share news, announcements, reminders and issues related to our school
- Engage parents in responsible and respectful conversations with each other and with us about our schools.
Social media guidelines
Mounds View Public Schools has sole authority to control the content of posts and information distributed through its social media accounts.
What are the limits on Mounds View Public Schools’ social media?
Mounds View Public Schools welcomes parents, students, residents, staff and community members to engage with and discuss the information posted on its social media accounts. Mounds View Public Schools does not intend to create a forum for public discussion of topics or information unrelated to the District and its operations.
While the District does not have an obligation to monitor this discussion at all times, it will remove or hide comments that contain the following:
- Offensive or inflammatory language
- Inappropriate remarks and profanity
- Personal attacks
- Contain personal information about a student or staff member
- Promotional or sales-related posts or comments
- Comments that are unrelated to the purpose of the page or post
- Links to other pages that contain similar content, or that link to sites containing malware, viruses, scams or criminal content.
- Language or content that targets any specific race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status or veteran status
- Language or content that incites violence
Mounds View Public Schools is not responsible for user-generated content, such as comments or user posts on its pages. The opinions expressed in user-generated content do not necessarily reflect those of the District.
Participants are expected to treat each other with respect.
Followers should not expect responses to every question or comment posted. Further, complaints should be submitted to the District through the procedures outlined in District policies.
The District reserves the right to close the forum and remove the ability for users to comment or post on District social media.
Questions? Call us at 651-621-6012.
Last updated: February 2021