Registration for 2021-22 busing
All families who wish to use District transportation for the 2021-22 school year MUST REGISTER online using the options below. Please read the options below to find out which registration scenario applies to your family.
Identify which transportation option best applies to your family:
- Students who live two or more miles from their home school can register for transportation for no fee. Use the form in step one below.
- Students who live less than two miles, and are not considered to be part of the "walk zone," can register for busing for a fee. Payment is due by July 30, 2021. Use steps one and two below to complete these items.
- Fee-based bus service is not available if the distance between the student's home and school is less than one mile for secondary school students and a half mile for elementary students. These students are in the "walk zone" and no busing is provided.
- If you reside outside of District boundaries and are not using a daycare or alternate location in the District, busing is not available. If you choose to use a daycare or alternate location, please register and pay any applicable fees due to distance. Use steps one and two below to complete these items.
Note: All kindergarten students will receive busing at no cost, regardless of the distance between the student's home and school. Learn more here.
Instructions for registration and payment:
Once you have determined what option best applies to your family, follow the steps listed below. Please note that there are two parts to the registration process. Families must register their student(s) for transportation, then access a separate payment system to pay any applicable fees. Part two is not necessary for families who live two or more miles from their home school(s)
This is required for all riders.
1. Fill out this form to register for transportation. Complete separate forms for each child that needs transportation.
Part two (if you owe a fee):
2. To pay online: If you do not have an account with the District's payment system, please create an account here (click the "Sign Up" button). You will need your child's birthdate and student ID# to create an account. If you already have an account, be ready with your log-in information. Use this link to log in.
Once you have created an account with ePayTrack/SmartSchoolK12 (if applicable) and registered your student(s) using the form in step one, use the links below to pay any applicable fees. Families who are eligible for educational benefits and owe a fee will see the amount calculated automatically on the payment site. If it does not show the appropriate amount, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Note: On the payment screen, use the "SmartSchoolK12" button to check out, which will allow you to pay with a credit card. Do not use the credit card button at this time.
To pay by check: Make your check payable to Mounds View Public Schools. Include the student's ID number or first and last name in the memo line. Mail your payment to Mounds View Public Schools, Attn: Transportation Department, 4570 Victoria Street N, Shoreview, MN 55126.
Questions? Contact the transportation department at 651-621-6027 or email@example.com.
- Am I eligible to receive bus service?
- Can students have more than one bus stop?
- What is the fee-for-service?
To contact the District's student transportation bus contractor, please call American Student Transportation at 651-621-8900.