Application for Educational Benefits form

  • The 2021-22 application for Educational Benefits is now closed. The 2022-23 application will open August 1, 2022. More information about the 2022-23 application will be available soon. Complete the form and you could get free and/or reduced-price school meals, reduced rates on fees for school activities, home internet, academic tests, transportation and college applications. 

    The 2022-23 application for Educational Benefits will open August 1, 2022, and will be available to complete online. A new application must be completed each school year.


    If you have questions about Educational Benefits, please call 651-621-6025. 

    In order for the District to process your application as quickly as possible, please fill out and submit the form online. Paper applications are also available at all the schools' front offices. Applications are available in English, Spanish, Hmong and Somali. If you would like a paper application mailed to your house, please call 651-621-6025. 

    For 2022-23 household income guidelines, click HERE

    For the Hmong translation of the application for Educational Benefits form click HERE.

    For the Somali translation of the application for Educational Benefits form click HERE.


    Frequently Asked Questions: 

    Who can receive the Educational Benefits program?

    Children in households participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), and foster children can qualify for educational benefits without reporting household income. Enter a current case number on the Application for Education Benefits form.

    Also, children can receive Educational Benefits if their household income is within the maximum income shown for their household size on the instructions. Approval for Educational Benefits is good for the entire school year.

    How will I find out the status of my application?

    You will receive an email or letter in the mail with the status of your application. Please keep this letter for your records. If your student qualifies for free or reduced Educational Benefits, you may receive reduced fees for athletics, extracurricular activites, community programs, bussing, and other costs within Mounds View Schools.

    May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

    Yes. You or your children do not have to be U.S. citizens for your children to qualify for Educational Benefits.

    Who should I include as members of my household?

    Include yourself and all other people living in the household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives or friends). Include a household member who is temporarily away, such as a college student.

    What if my income is not always the same?

    List the amount that you normally get. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you get it only occasionally.

    Where will the information I provide be kept?

    Information you provide on the form, and your child's approval for Educational Benefits, will be protected as private data. 

    Will the information I give be checked?

    Yes. We may also ask you to send written proof.

    What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?

    You should first call Sarah Studley in Nutrition Services at 651-621-6025 to discuss the application. Or you can email

    You also may ask for a fair hearing by writing to: Mounds View Public Schools, Bernice Humnick, Mounds View District Center, 4570 Victoria Street North, Shoreview, MN 55126.

    What if my information changes in the middle of the school year?

    You may apply for Educational Benefits at any time during the school year.


    Outreach for Minnesota Health Care Program

    Click this LINK to see if you qualify for Free or Low cost Health Care programs for Children. 

    Questions? Please call our Nutrition Service office if you have any questions at 651-621-6025.

Non-Discrimination Statement

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
    (2) fax: (202) 690-7442
    (3) email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.