Rising enrollment * Aging facilities * Stressed capacity
For the first time in 18 years, Mounds View Public Schools is asking residents to consider a bond proposal on Election Day, November 7, to add capacity at all schools throughout the District.
If approved, funds from the bond would be used to create additional classrooms, improve infrastructure, provide additional flexible learning spaces and enhance safety – based on recommendations made by a community facilities task force.
What does this mean for schools across the District?
Did you know?
• Enrollment is at its highest level
in 16 years.
• About 1,600 more resident students
are expected within seven years.
• Open enrollment remains closed
to new non-resident students.
• Most schools are occupied beyond
100 percent capacity.
• The average age of all District school
buildings is 57 years old.
• The most recent additions occurred
about 15 years ago.