Welcome to the Indian Education page for the Mounds View School District. On this page, you will find current events, activities, college tour dates, and local events in the community.
We will update this site at the beginning of each month. So come back to find out what is happening each month!
Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program provides postsecondary financial assistance to eligible Minnesota resident students who are of one-fourth or more Indian ancestry and demonstrate financial need for an award.
Minnesota Office of Higher Education Scholarship Database - Click Here updated for students entering college in 2019-20
- MN Dept of Education 2019-20 Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form
- Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Johnson O'Malley Program Indian Certification Form
- Title VI Certification
We now have an online library! Check it out at mvaiedlibrary.librarika.com Books for all ages and interest levels are available. Contact Jill, jill.spencer@
moundsviewschools.org or 651-341-1793 with questions. Now is a great time to start checking out books for summer reading!
Tutoring is now available for the spring and summer! We have partnered with Yellow Parachute to provide tutoring for all American Indian students in the district grade K-12 in a variety of subjects. Download the flyer and registration form or contact Jill, 651-341-1793 or jill.spencer@
moundsviewschools.org with questions.
American Indian Liaison
Activities & Events
American Indian Parent Advisory Committee (AIPAC)
Join us on the second Wednesday of each month as we come together to discuss ideas/plans for our community. Help in the planning of our Indian Education Program Plan, coordinate community events, connect with other parents and families, and much more. We need the input and involvement of parents in our community - please join us! Wednesday evenings from 6-7 pm
- November 13, Shoreview Library Book Club room
- December 11, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
- January 8, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
- February 12, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
- March 11, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
- April 8, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
- May 13, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
- June 10, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
- July 8, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
- August 12, Shoreview Community Center 1st Floor Conference Room
AIPAC meeting minutes
Drum & Dance
Our drum and dance program allows families to step into the circle and learn through movement. Local community experts teach our families about the teachings and protocol around our drum and various dances. We are excited to offer regalia that can be used while participating during each session. This experience helps prepare our children and families for our annual powwow in April.
Drum & Dance will be held at Valentine Hills Elementary School, 1770 West County Road E2 from 5:30-7pm on the following Tuesday evenings: November 12, December 3, January 14 & 28, February 11 & 25, March 10 & 24 and April 7
Dakota & Ojibwe language classes
Again this year we will be offering Dakota & Ojibwe language classes. Join us to learn with experts Randy Gresczyk and Summer Lara. Classes will be held in room 132 at Irondale High School from 6-8pm on the following Thursday evenings: November 7 & 21, December 12, January 9 & 23, February 6 & 20, March 5
Keep checking this webpage for updates on Traditional Medicine, Traditional Foods, Regalia classes, Beadwork, and Drum stick making classes.
Save the date
- Winter Storytelling Potluck, January 31
- Family Swim Night, February 28
- Annual Pow Wow, April 17