At the January 3 work session, School Board members discussed legislative priorities for the 2019 session with the District’s local legislators. These priorities were adopted at the January 8 Board meeting.
- Allow locally-elected school boards to renew an existing operating levy referendum. Learn more here.
- Increase the basic formula allowance by at least 2.5% per year, and align with inflation in the future.
- Increase special education funding to lower the cross-subsidy.
To view more details on the legislative priorities for 2019, visit here.
Links to Legislators
- Contact info for all Mounds View Public Schools legislators.
- Tips for communicating with and contacting legislators.
- Neighbors United
- Parents United for Public Schools
- Minnesota State Legislature Home Page
- Association of Metropolitan School Districts
- Minnesota School Boards Association
- Minnesota Association of School Administrators
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials
Reports and background
- Legislation and Bill Tracking
- Minnesota School Finance: A Guide for Legislators
- A Glossary of Fiscal Terms and Acronyms K-12 Education
- How are schools funded?