At the January 5 Board work session, Board members discussed their legislative priorities for the 2017 session with the District's local legislators. The top three priorities are available in detail here and include:
- Increase the basic formula allowance by at least 2.5% per year.
- Allow locally-elected school boards to renew an existing operating levy referendum if they choose.
- Expand the Northwest Regional Partnership to include educators from all parts of the state.
A full range of additional priorities was also presented at the January 10 meeting. Click here to see the priorities. Click here to see the priorities.
Legislative Session Review 2016
Click here for a report from AMSD.
Links to Legislators
- Contact info for all Mounds View Public Schools legislators.
- Tips for communicating with and contacting legislators.
- Neighbors United
- Parents United for Public Schools
- Minnesota State Legislature Home Page
- Association of Metropolitan School Districts
- Minnesota School Boards Association
- Minnesota Association of School Administrators
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials
Reports and background
- Legislation and Bill Tracking
- Minnesota School Finance: A Guide for Legislators
- A Glossary of Fiscal Terms and Acronyms K-12 Education
- How are schools funded?