Safe Return to In-person Learning Plan for 2021-22
Mounds View Public Schools will continue to provide a safe and healthy learning environment through ongoing prevention, surveillance and response to COVID-19. In addition, schools will enhance efforts to remove health-related barriers to learning through screening, referral and follow-up. Plans may change based on any future guidance from the state.
Health and Safety
Mounds View Public Schools will follow these requirements and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). We will adjust as we continue to get further guidance from MDE.
- The CDC requires face coverings for those on buses (a federal requirement).
- MDH requires schools to report positive cases.
- Due to updated guidance from Ramsey County, Mounds View Public Schools will require that students, staff and visitors wear masks while inside our buildings, effective Monday, August 23.
- Physical distancing and cohorting will continue to the extent possible.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces will continue.
- Hand hygiene practices and routines will continue.
- Health screenings at home will continue.
- Isolating individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will continue.
- Contact tracing and notifying individuals who have been exposed will continue.
Supports for K-12 learning
Mounds View Public Schools will provide a variety of learning opportunities and supports for students through the 2021-22 school year. These will include regular school year instructional programming and student support services and engagement.
School year instructional programming
- Schools will continue to use technology supports to enhance instruction including software, licensing and hardware.
- Additional technology will continue building on stronger family partnerships including expanded tools for communicating with families.
- Additional curricular materials will support learning through enhancements, curricular tools and other resources to enhance learning experiences for students. These tools assist in the process of creating engaging lessons, personalized learning and monitoring student academic understanding.
- Additional flexible furniture will allow for adequate spacing and enhanced learning experiences for students.
Student support and engagement
- Schools will provide social emotional learning; increasing equitable services for all students, competency based learning that foster inclusion.
- Schools will expand language supports for families.
- Schools will expand multi-tiered systems of support including academic, behavioral and social-emotional support.
- Schools will enhance community resources and partnerships as needs change and vary.
Last updated August 19, 2021
The feedback form is now closed. Please click here to read comments received.