- Highview Middle
5th Grade Parent Information Night
Dear 5th Grade Parents and Guardians:
We would like to invite you to visit Highview Middle School and see what we are all about! We would love to work with you and your student for these important middle school years. We have so much to share about Highview and our Hawk PRIDE! Please join us for a 5th Grade Parent Information Night on Tuesday, January 29th from 6:30-8:00 PM to learn about the opportunities at Highview.
As parents, you will have the opportunity to meet teachers, tour the building, and learn about curriculum and choices available at Highview. Our program will start in the lower gym with tours to follow. This event is intended for parents only. The middle school deans will be visiting the elementary schools to speak directly with students about Highview. In addition, fifth grade students will have the opportunity to come visit Highview during the school day in the spring.
We look forward to you joining us and hearing about all the great things that are happening at Highview. A few of the programs we offer:
· STEAM programming - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math through interdisciplinary grade-level projects and project-based learning activities
· A variety of instructional support programs in the core content areas, as well as many allied arts courses
· Band, choir, and orchestra at all grade levels
· Many after-school activities
· Positive behavioral support (PBIS), also known as HAWK PRIDE, which intentionally teaches students appropriate behavior in all settings
The Highview Staff is looking forward to seeing parents and guardians of our incoming sixth graders on Tuesday, January 29th from 6:30–8:00 PM and showing you what we have to offer! To learn more about Highview, visit our web site at www.moundsviewschools.org/highview . Hawk Pride!
Dr. Sheila Eller