What is Title I?
- Title I is a federally funded program intended to support all students in meeting the State Standards.
- The goal is to help students succeed academically and to reach grade level performance expectations by emphasizing high academic standards. Title One offers a variety of services that may include additional support for students. Schools qualify for funds based on economic need.
Title I Schools
Mounds View Title I Schools are Schoolwide Programs (SWP) that serve all qualifying students attending:
- Bel Air Elementary School
- Sunnyside Elementary School
- Valentine Hills Elementary School
- Pinewood Elementary School
- Pike Lake Kindergarten Center
- The District's Title I schools serve all identified students throughout the school day using a Response to Intervention(RtI) model and they are provided support services in addition to their regular reading and math blocks of instruction. These services can include individual or small groups with a teacher to increase reading and math outcomes.
- Students are identified for instructional support based on academic need. With a School-Wide Program model, all students at a Title I school are eligible for additional academic support based on current performance level and growth throughout the school year.
Title I Slideshow
Title I Programs Help Students, Teachers and Parents
- Students perform better in school
- Increase student connectedness and self esteem
- Teachers understand needs of students and parents
- Parents better understand their child and become more involved in their education
How are parents involved?
- One important component of School-Wide Title I schools is the role of parents in supporting their child's education. Title I schools are committed to reaching out to parents through volunteer opportunities, parent education sessions and general publications that include strategies for helping your child succeed at school.
- Parent and teachers sign a compact (an agreement) explaining goals and responsibilities
- Parents are provided with information on Title I services through newsletters, Curriculum Advisory Committee and Conferences
- Parents are invited to be part of the Title I Advisory Council
- Click HERE to download the District's parent involvement policy and procedures.
- Parents will be offered multiple opportunities throughout the year to participate in school meetings and training sessions. Each Title I school will provide regular communication to families via newsletters, e-news, teacher web sites and/or handouts. A Title I Parent Advisory Council meets annually to review parent involvement policies and practices.
- Parents Right to Know: The federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requires schools that receive federal education funds under Title I, Part A to provide information to parents about the professional qualifications of their child's teachers. You have the right to request and review this information, and it must be provided to you in a reasonable amount of time.
Title I contact information
If you have questions regarding the SWP Title I services at your child's school, please contact Mounds View’s Title I Coordinator or building principal